Belong. Believe. Be You. Belden.
The traffic lights you pass every day. The stadium where you saw your last concert. Even out above the clouds on the international space station. Belden’s impact is found all around the world, and beyond. There’s a lot of history behind us, and so much more ahead. Help us write the next 100 years as a member of the Belden team.
Propel your career surrounded by a diverse team of innovative, goal-oriented individuals who are pursuing the next generation of connectivity solutions. At Belden, you’ll find support and encouragement to find a rapid path to career development. You’ll participate in work that will challenge your mind and position you to excel. Through Belden’s inclusive global environment, you’ll collaborate with colleagues from around the world, gaining exposure to a broad base of expertise and perspectives.
Together, we’ll continue on a journey of innovation, creating a connected world, paving the way for automation, and allowing companies worldwide to collect, translate and use their data to meet key, strategic business objectives.
We believe in the unlimited potential of a more connected, safer, better world. This position is an opportunity for fellow believers to apply their vision and creativity to help achieve it. As a Belden employee, you’ll be fully immersed with a global team of experts who develop and support the development of highly reliable and mission critical solutions for industries and enterprises that you come into contact with each day.
You do your best work when you’re empowered to bring everything that makes you uniquely you to your work. We embrace the diverse perspectives and experiences each team member brings to their role, and we know it’s a catalyst for innovation.
Strategic Buyer Indirect Spend (m/f/d)
(36-40 hours a week)
As Strategic Buyer Indirect Spend you will create, implement and improve sourcing strategies for the sub commodity groups consumables and supplies, capital expenditures, MRO, energy procurement, services, IT purchasing and telecommunications. You will join a team that is in the build-up phase. You will work on describing processes and centralizing procurement. Furthermore, you will work on:
- Negotiate pricing and contract conditions with suppliers using relevant tools e.g. ZYCOS;
- Identify and support saving funnel initiatives to meet the overall company goals;
- Roll-out support and maintain processes, for the commodity Indirect Spend EMEA;
- You keep an eye on existing contracts, maintain them as necessary and actively improve them further;
- Actively maintain your market knowledge and monitor commodity price trends;
- Manage and address to vendors Quality Complaints, ensure correct and timely responses and adequate counter measures;
- Perform supplier risk management through e.g. audits, regular calls and implement action plans to mitigate supply disruption risks;
- You will be the point of contact for internal departments and provide advice regarding questions about procurement and related processes.
This is what you bring to the table and suits you:
To succeed as a Strategic Buyer Indirect Spend, it is important that you have strong communication skills and analytical skills. You will have a wide range of duties which means you will be working in fleet management one minute and purchasing machinery the next. You will work partly remotely and partly from one of our sites in Europe (Venlo, Neckartenzlingen, Duna, Horni Podluzi). Furthermore, we expect the following from our new colleague:
- Education: You have a degree in business administration, ideally with a focus on purchasing, supply chain or comparable;
- Experience: Several years of relevant professional experience in the field of purchasing;
- Knowledge: Excellent knowledge of contract law as well as the handling of common IT systems are daily practice for you;
- Personality: Independence, assertiveness, communication skills and the ability to work in a team are among your strengths;
- Work style: Your structured and methodical way of working as well as your negotiation skills round off your profile. Furthermore you are willing to travel;
- Language skills: Fluent in English and German or Dutch.
What can we offer you?
Belden is a dynamic and growing organization where employee appreciation and personal development are highly valued. There are many opportunities within the organization to continue to develop yourself and grow. There is a familiar atmosphere within our purchasing department. Furthermore, we offer:
- A salary depending on your knowledge and experience between € 4000,- and € 5000,- gross per month including vacation allowance;
- 27 vacation days on full-time basis per year and the possibility to buy 2 times your working hours per week as extra vacations;
- Ability to spend 5 days of paid leave per year to volunteer for the community;
- Ability to purchase items with tax benefits (bicycle, laptop, phone, gym prescription, union prescription reimbursement);
- Flexible working in terms of time, place and work model.
If you would like more information about this great challenge within Belden, please contact Koen Nelissen at +31629040565. We look forward to receiving applications by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuur je je sollicitatie naar email@example.com