Are you an experienced buyer who is looking for a challenge where you can make a difference?
Do you like challenges and are not necessarily looking for a ready-made job? Then read on quickly! At Belden in Venlo we are looking for a:
Commodity Buyer Indirect
(36-40 hours a week)
Who we are
Belden is a designer, manufacturer and supplier of cables, connectors and network equipment and network management. Belden focuses on parts of the global cable and automation market that require both specialized and off-the-shelf products. If you want to join a global team of exceptional people dedicated to designing, delivering and supporting the best technology solutions in a fast-paced, results-oriented and growing company, Belden is for you.
As commodity buyer indirect, you will set up processes and participate at the drawing board to determine the direction of the department within the EMEA organization. Within this position you have continuous contact with various stakeholders within the Belden organization as well as externally. It concerns a varied range of tasks in which you will, among other things, perform audits at suppliers and purchase various products for the organization. What other tasks will you work with?
- You will create, implement and improve commodity sourcing strategies for selected spend segments based on in-depth supply market analysis, product knowledge and risk & opportunity assessment;
- You negotiate pricing and contract terms with suppliers using relevant tools and ensure accurate maintenance of systems and records;
- You identify and lead savings funnel initiatives to achieve overall business objectives;
- You will support the Senior Manager Sourcing on all ad hoc reports by providing accurate information and completing reports according to timelines and KPIs;
- You engage with supplier quality complaints to ensure accurate and timely responses/documentation;
- You are working effectively with the goal of meeting and where possible exceeding the operational and strategic objectives of the department.
This is what you bring to the table and suits you:
To succeed as a Commodity Buyer Indirect, it is important that you have strong communication skills and analytical skills. Furthermore, we expect the following from our new colleague:
- Proven track record of working in a Purchasing role with 3-5 years experienced in a complex industrial environment;
- Proven track record of working in a commercial B2B environment;
- Demonstrate system knowledge and operating experience within an essential Purchasing role;
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word & PowerPoint);
- BPCS / SAP Knowledge would be an advantage;
- Business Level English essential;
- Knowledge of the Wire and Cable and signal industry would be an advantage.
What can we offer you?
Belden is a dynamic and growing organization where the appreciation of own employees and personal development are highly valued. There are many opportunities within the organization to continue to develop yourself and to grow. There is a family atmosphere within our production department. Furthermore, we offer:
- Depending on age and experience an annual salary between €48.000 – €65.000.
- Travel allowance from 9 kilometers.
- 27 vacation days on full-time employment.
- Working in a challenging work environment that is in full development.
Let’s Write the Next 100 Years Together.
Join a global community striving to improve connectivity and security. We offer you hybrid and remote work practices where feasible, flexible working hours, an employee stock purchase plan, subsidized parental leave, paid leave for volunteer work in your community, multiple and frequent training opportunities, professional talent management and succession planning, corporate health and well-being initiatives and a work culture which includes commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and sustainability.
If you would like more information about this great challenge within Belden, please contact Koen Nelissen at 06-29040565. We look forward to receiving applications by e-mail at email@example.com.
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuur je je sollicitatie naar firstname.lastname@example.org